Change.org India is looking for a Scaled Support Campaigns Associate who will help a large number of petition starters gather public support on their petitions.
Location: Remote Working
Contract: 12 Months (Extendable)
Reports To: Scaled Support Strategist, Change.org India
Number of positions: 2
The Change.org Foundation empowers millions of people to use technology to build social movements and create transformational change. With staff teams in 11 countries, 174 million users, a growing base of user-generated revenue, and thousands of campaign victories every year, our model is a proven engine for social change and citizen leadership, with incredible potential to grow.
We are looking to add an exceptional Scaled Support Associate to join our small but brilliant India team.
We have a strong culture of learning and experimentation, and are looking for a creative person who is passionate about scaling our work to empower thousands of people who start petitions on our platform every month. The candidate will be responsible as part of the Scaled Support team for implementing the Scaled Support Campaigns programme in India.
About The Scaled Support Programme:
On average, 8000 petitions are started every month inIndia – that’s nearly 1 lakh petitions a year. Change.org India’s campaigns team is currently able to offer support to only a small percentage of the petitions started every month. We want to change this by growing our team, and creating a robust engagement and support model that enables us to reach every person who starts a petition.
Our goal is to make successful campaigning a possibility for more users. We want to create an engagement and communications strategy designed to engage every petition starter in India, who wants to create impact on an issue that they care about.
This would involve offering scaled support using WhatsApp/SMS to thousands of petition starters to help them frame a strong petition ask, optimise their petition content and petition image, enabling them to share their campaigns in their networks, ensure they have targeted the relevant decision makers in their petitions, drafting basic social media outreach messages etc.
- Be part of a Scaled Support team that helps a large number of petition starters to increase public support on their petitions
- Be an instinctive Campaigner. Identify good campaigns with specific and measurable asks that can easily gather public support with email, media and social media tactics
- Establish strong relationships with petition starters and use simple, effective strategies to empower them to run their own campaigns
- Connect with the Campaigns team to turn their campaigning knowledge & expertise into simple content pieces that work as training material for petition starters
- Manage a dashboard with petition starter data and their engagement journeys.
- Outcome-oriented, Enjoy proactively communicating with people and offering support
- Demonstrated experience working in a professional setting for at least 3 years –preferably in the media, with a social media or social good company, or at anon-profit.
- Experience in user/donor support, ideally at a non-profit or social good company
- Strong rapport-building and relationship skills.
- Strong intuitive understanding on which petitions on Change.org will grow with light touch support
- Effective communicator on WhatsApp/SMS
- Good writing skills in English. Hindi writing skills would be an added advantage
- Experience working in campaigning, media advocacy or online community management
- A strong belief in people power and deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to create the change they want to see.
Change.org is a high-impact, low-ego workplace. Our work environment is exceptionally fast-paced, result-oriented, collaborative, and supportive. We are working for a world where no one is powerless, where creating change is a part of everyday life.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we strongly encourage any interested parties toapply – we don’t discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity, caste, religion, sexual orientation, genderidentity or physical disability.
This is a one-year contractual position based in India.