The Change.org Foundation is a worldwide non-profit that leverages the technology of Change.org PBC and combines it with campaigning, communications and capacity-building expertise to incubate and accelerate movements led by the people most affected by the issues they seek to confront. We are a separate, sister entity to Change.org PBC.
We currently operate in 10 countries across Asia, Latin America and Europe, and expect to expand our geographic footprint in the coming years. We recognize the need to empower people affected by some of the most urgent and critical issues facing the world today.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join our team: we’ve already built a toolset that allows anyone with an internet connection – anywhere in the world – to start a campaign to make the world a better place. Now we are ready to massively increase our impact in the Global South with a series of ambitious projects to help people to do extraordinary things.
We are hiring a Development Specialist to develop our Fundraising Strategy and build a strong organization.
In this role, you will work in partnership with the Global Executive Director of the Change.org Foundation, Preethi Herman and create and drive a Fundraising Strategy that supports our next generation of ambitious projects.
This is a fast-paced and ambitious role that requires someone to push fundraising and sponsorship activities across the organization; with a special in-person focus on developing partnerships within the US, and a supporting role on the development of partnerships abroad.
The work ranges from administrative responsibilities to strategic big picture work, and so we need an entrepreneurial self starter; someone who is a skilled communicator, an excellent project manager who can autonomously drive work forward, and a smooth operator capable of engaging with strategic partners of all levels.
There is significant potential for growth in this role as we are rapidly expanding our global team and our work around the world.
This position is full time, based in New York or Paris.
Critical Tasks and Responsibilities:
Strategy and Pipeline Development
- Develop fundraising strategic plan
- Identify key fundraising targets and activities to meet target of $5 million annually
- Do prospective funder research, identification and outreach
External Relationship Building
- Develop, support and own relationships with potential donors
- Manage and drive communications with potential and existing donors to ensure follow up and outcomes
- Design and manage VIP and donor cultivation experiences
- Create written and visual pitch materials and proposals
- Managing information requests to appropriate internal teams as needed and synthesizing information into compelling stories.
- Identify and manage speaking and profile raising opportunities valuable for the fundraising strategy and for the Executive Director.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to manage a high volume of fundraising pitches, and to ensure the most effective management of executive time.
- Create and maintain a system to track action on leads and donors and report on fundraising goals and activities.
- Cultivate an organization-wide culture of fundraising throughout the Foundation, supporting outreach and development of leads on the part of Country and Regional Directors
Key experience and skills:
- Minimum 5 years professional major gift/grant fundraising experience at a mission-driven organization or non-profit
- Demonstrated success in all facets of major gifts fundraising, including prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation, or equivalent experience in business development, sales, marketing, or nonprofit management
- Outstanding one-on-one relationship-building skills
- Strong written communication skills and ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner, as well as experience making individual and group presentations
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work independently toward goals and to steadily monitor and report progress
- Detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities
- Collaborative approach to fundraising and sensitivity to the needs of others in complex team environments, especially on a global level
- Emotional intelligence and ability to establish strong and trusting relationships.
Job based in New York City, New York USA or Paris, France.
The Change.org Foundation is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.